The lighthouse Armenistis is at the northern and western part of the island above the homonymous cape. Access is easy with asphalt and at the end a very passable dirt road and walking for about 100 meters. The construction of the lighthouse was decided when an English ship was wrecked in the north of the island and lost 11 members of the crew.
The lighthouse was built in 1891. It has a tower of 19 meters and focal height 184 meters. The house next to the lighthouse has several rooms which housed the current lighthouse keepers and often their families. The original mechanism of the lighthouse was of French origin and won the international exhibition in Paris. After the war - 1945 - it worked with petrol until 1982 when it was electrified. Today it is fully automated and the original mechanism is housed in the Aegean Maritime Museum located at the Three Pigadia in Mykonos Town.
The site has wild beauty and offers panoramic views of Tinos, the Aegean Sea and a beautiful sunset in the afternoon.
|Tourlos (Port)||3,5 km|
|Ano Mera||11,5 km|
|Nearby Location||Agios Stefanos|
Health - Fitness
Brands & Luxury
Like Us On Facebook
P.O. BOX 1822
190-03, Mesogaia Port
© 2016 Ploutarchos Chiou. All Rights Reserved.